Broadway Street Update – February 25, 2015
We are one month into construction on the Broadway Streetscape Project – we’ve made it ¼ of the way through! Below are helpful and interesting tidbits about the project.
There is a new project info sheet and images of the design. These are now available at City Hall or by opening the following links:
Broadway Info Sheet
Broadway Plan View
Broadway Section Drawing
Broadway Perspective Drawing
- The project extends to the north side of 2nd Ave on Broadway (the base of the hill), so closure of Broadway across 2nd Ave must occur at certain points. It will be open as much as possible.
- We will continue to keep 3rd Ave and/or 4th Ave open as much as possible. Before each weekend the safety of opening east-west streets is evaluated.
- Off-street public parking is available in the lot on the SW corner of 2nd Ave and Broadway. There are signs at each parking lot entrance.
- Save the date for an end-of-project celebration on Broadway Street late afternoon and evening of Friday June 5th. Kudos to the Estacada Development Association for event planning!
- Reminder: The road closure is approved through April 22nd and we expect the project to be over at the end of May 2015.
Downtown is the heart of Estacada with over 40 businesses. All businesses are open during construction, please come down to support them. Visit First Friday! Get help with your taxes! Grab a lunch!
Thank you to the community volunteers who donated countless hours to this project!
The Broadway Streetscape is funded by the Estacada Urban Renewal Agency.
www.cityofestacada.org/urban_renewal.html Contact (503) 630-8270 x206